Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Meeting Preeti Shenoy

Today, I had an opportunity to meet one of my favourite authors - Preeti Shenoy. If you don't know who she is, you would have been hibernating. To know more about her, go here: http://justamotheroftwo.blogspot.in/

She was in Mumbai to promote her latest book and there was no way I was going to miss it. The last time around when she was here I couldn't make it and I had promised myself I would ensure to make it the next time around.

I met her at Landmark Book Store, Infiniti Mall, Andheri (West). Notwithstanding the initial confusion (the store people didn't know that Preeti was expected there), when she walked in, I was thrilled. She is so very down to earth and friendly, not at all pretentious like some authors are. She remembered me from our past interactions and also the fact that I have been reading her blog for a long time.

I HAD to get her autograph and also click a photograph for posterity! I had taken along her first book - 34 Bubblegums And Candies for her to autograph.


I told her how glad I was to have finally met her. It didn't seem like I was meeting her for the first time; the way we chatted for about 10 minutes.

I wish the next time around I am able to interact a little longer with her.

Thanks Preeti for this opportunity. You do radiate a lot of positivity just like your blog.

No comments: