Whenever one thinks of Anand (1971), one cannot help but feel a tinge of sadness. A dying young man teaches his friend a valuable lesson about life and living it to the fullest. In addition to the movie's songs and the characters of both Rajesh Khanna & Amitabh Bachchan, what stayed with me most about the movie were its wonderful dialogues. No surprise that these were written by Gulzar. Gulzar won the Filmfare Best Dialogue Award in 1972 for this movie; the movie also swept most of the other awards at Filmfare.
Following are some of the memorable dialogues which struck a chord with me:
- Anand mara nahin; Anand marte nahin.
- Kya har hasi ke peeche khushi hoti hain; kabhi kabhi gam bhi toh...
- I LOVED the way Rajesh Khanna calls Amitabh Babu Moshai throughout the movie. So much so that I started calling a Bong colleague of mine that :)
- Babu Moshai, zindagi lambi nahi badi honi chahiye
- Zindagi aur maut toh upar wale ke haath main hain jahapanah